Wednesday, August 03, 2005

WIKI

Finally!

I figured out what a Wiki is! I'd been seeing it all over the Internet as I searched for Linux-related documentation to get my wireless networking up and running. I could tell that it was some kind of a help/tutorial document, but I could not for the life of me, figure out what Wiki meant or stood for.

I finally got tired of wondering and good old Google came to the rescue.

Wiki is an abbreviation that stands for "What I know Is." It's a
website (or other hypertext document collection) that allows users to add content, as on an Internet forum, but also allows anyone to edit the content. "Wiki" also refers to the collaborative software used to create such a website.

Very interesting concept. Perhaps I should start my own Wiki as a sort of spin-off of this blog. I could post "What I know Is" about cooking, and others could edit the content adding their own Wiki ("What I Know Is").

Very cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew! Thank goodness you figured that out!!
C'mon ... you haven't blogged in 3 weeks and that's the best you can do? Is your potato soup recipe on here yet? You should post that tomorrow.

You could also post a recipe for the dinner I ate last night - that would be entertaining.

Ly.Lm.