Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Microsoft

Well... it's been far too long since I've posted, but I figure this is worth it (even if it isn't about cooking).

I got a job with Microsoft, and Emily and I will be moving out to Seattle in three weeks!

This is part of the reason that my blog as been so neglected. I was spending an awful lot of my free studying for the interviews.

But now that that's over with, I'm hopful that I will once again be able to start blogging new and exciting recipes for everyone. My goal this time around is to do a blog post at "reasonable" intervals -- something like once per week.

I'm also planning to start a technical blog, and I will of course post the address of that one, on this one, once it's ready to go (but I'm not sure exactly when that will be).

Ok, that's all for now.
Pray for our flights!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi LousyCook
I never realised that so many different types of blog would show up if I did a search on something like baking. I'm still not sure how well Microsoft fits into that category, but I've enjoyed visiting :0) Adios Amigo.

LousyCook said...

Hi there lessons,

I admit that my blog has sort of gotten off topic lately. There will definitely be an effort moving forward to keep "Add Water and Heat" true to its title. I'll try to reserve technical (or random) posts to my technical blog (which doesn't yet exist yet, but it will eventually).

Anonymous said...

G'day LousyCook
I seem to have found Microsoft while searching for things on lessons. I can see why, but I'm not sure it's exactly what I'm looking for. Just thought I'd say hello :0)

Anonymous said...

Man Steve!! I couldn't be happier for you. I know you will do well. Einc/CL will greatly miss you!

Scott said...

So what does your job with MS entail?

LousyCook said...

I'll be part of the MapPoint/Virtual Earth team. It's an exciting project which is still relatively young.

It goes without saying, but there are so many excellent programmers at Microsoft, that I'm sure it will be a very valuable experience.

Seattle will be a big change, but I can't wait to get started.