Thursday, March 31, 2005

See Steve Cook

Tonight is Thursday, and every Friday evening during Great Lent, my church has a lenten pot luck dinner after Presanctified Liturgy. I look forward to these dinners because it gives me a chance to try out my lenten recipes on other people who are in search of good lenten food.

Since my Carrot Soup turned out so well on Tuesday night, I decided to make it again for tomorrow. Here are some awesome action photos of me working hard on my Carrot Soup (props to my wife for her crazy photography skills).




Here's me chopping carrots with my brand new Santoku Knife, faster than Emeril! Three pounds of carrots in like 5 minutes -- no joke. And I only cut off two of my fingers this time.





Here's me moving the chopped carrots to a bowl. Exciting isn't it? Why even bother to watch Food Network when you have my blog?





And here is a picture of Emily (my wife) not helping me cook (this is typical). Of course, every time I bring up the fact that I do all of the cooking, she is quick to point out that she does "everything" else. But that just isn't true! I did laundry... once.


So tomorrow, my Spicy Carrot Soup get puts to the test. If it's good enough for the faithful of Saint Andrew Orthodox Church, then I can truely call it a success.

Comments Welcome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! And the towel over the shoulder thing...So Chef-like! Hmm...I wonder where Emily got the UPS fleece from! Kinda like my wife. She gets all my UPS gear too!

I've still yet to try your recipe, but will have to put it on the menu very soon! Happy cooking!

LousyCook said...

Yeah... I have yet to post the honey-glazed pinneapple chicken. You know, being lent and all, I'm not making any meat dishes right now.

But definitely let me know how it is when/if you try it.

JoySniffer* said...

hi there, I find ur blog page is really interesting. Hope you dun mind tt I've added ur URL into my blogpage.

this is my blogpage(and i'm new to Blogspot, too! )

http://changchang19.blogspot.com/
http://changchang19-goingplaces.blogspot.com/

LousyCook said...

I don't mind at all. In fact, I'm thrilled that you added my blog address to your page.

I'd do the same for you if I knew how to "blogroll" you. You'd think this wouldn't be too difficult for a computer programmer, but somehow this BlogSpot interface is eluding me.

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,
I tried the spicy carrot soup last night. So, is it the Serrano peppers that make it so hot that you drink a gallon of water after the first spoonful? I should have known...if it looks like a jalepeno, it probably tastes like a jalapeno! Seriously though, very yummy :)

Anonymous said...

That last comment was mine Steve. Hope Florida is warmer than MD!~Mel

LousyCook said...

Awesome! Glad you liked it. Did you follow the recipe exactly, or did your play around with it somewhat?

Anonymous said...

I used most of the ingredients, but left out some of the more random spices that weren't in the kitchen, or substituted. Ended up doubling the milk and adding another jar of tomatoes.