Saturday, April 02, 2005

Carrot Success

I declare the Carrot Soup a success! Everyone at the pot luck seemed to like it, and if anyone thought it was horrible, he (or she) politely kept that opinion quiet.

A few people commented on the spiciness, but I assure you, by "FireGirl" standards, this soup was terribly whimpy.


All in all, I'm very pleased with the reaction I received. I have to admit, I was a bit afraid that I'd be left with a giant pot of soup at the end of the night. But alas! This was not so. It was basically all eaten, and I, personally, did not even have a single bowl.


Not bad for a Steve original. Not bad at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrot soup was quite tasty...had nice zip to it. The can of beer must have helped if I'm reading the recipe correctly.

LousyCook said...

Yes yes. You are reading the recipe correctly. One can of beer adds a nice barley/hops flavor to the soup.

Who posted this comment? Tell me your name, I need to know!